Dr Foster Intelligence has today (Monday 16 Jan) launched ‘TrustView’, an online ‘quick-look’ overview tool for non-specialist users within acute hospital trusts. The tool provides top-level information on clinical quality, clinical efficiency and market share (covering both the PCT and GP markets). Hospital trusts can use the dashboard to identify areas of concern and their existing subscriptions to drill-down into the data to see the factors driving that concern.
TrustView was developed by Dr Foster in collaboration with NHS organisations, in response to Dr Foster’s customers’ request for a top-level view of benchmarked trust performance around key clinical quality, clinical efficiency and market share metrics.
Mark Devlin, Chief Executive of Medway NHS Foundation Trust, who have been trialling the beta version of Trustview, said: “Trustview provides me with an effective, clear and quick overview of my trust in a simple dashboard format. The dashboard shows me our performance in clinical quality, clinical efficiency and both PCT and GP market share, at a glance. I love it and it’s great for board meetings.”
Key features include:
- Immediately available high level summary information to inform and help prioritise investigation and targeting of improvements
- New user interface style enables rapid visual inspection, for fast identification of areas of outlying performance
- Drill-down fast into additional detail for metrics that need further investigation
- See how you compare – view of current performance, along with benchmarks against national peers, or your choice of peer groups you have already created
- See the trend of indicators over time
- Save time producing top-level performance reports
- Each indicator is explained and more data is displayed on mouse over ‘tool tip’
TrustView is available now to registered users of the Dr Foster tool suite. The dashboard can be accessed through the new My Dr Foster portal my.drfoster.co.uk. My Dr Foster is an exciting new platform that was developed in response to our customers’ request for easier to use, faster and more accessible tools, designed around their requirements and feedback.
Tim Baker, Chief Executive of Dr Foster said: “TrustView is a great step forward for busy senior executives in acute hospital trusts. By identifying and meeting the needs of our customers Dr Foster will continue its role of introducing game-changing informatics tools to the health service.”
- Ends –
For more information please contact:
Andrew Kliman, Senior Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0207 332 8837
Mob: 07824 906 276
Notes to editors:
1. 97% of customers surveyed said they would find the introduction of a performance dashboard either very useful or quite useful.
2. The initial beta launch to 42 trusts took place on the 6 January 2012 and has today been rolled out to the remaining 74 non-specialist acute customers. The beta period will finish on the 16 April 2012.
3. Screenshot overleaf
4. Follow us on Twitter @DrFosterIntel for regular updates on hospital data, other data analysis, and news.
5. Dr Foster is the UK’s market-leading provider of information, analysis and targeted communications to health and social care organisations. An independent organisation, Dr Foster Intelligence was launched in 2006 and is a joint venture between Dr Foster Holdings LLP and the Department of Health. Dr Foster aims to set a new standard in information for health and social care providers and their users and is legally required to follow a code of conduct that prohibits political bias and requires it to act in the public interest.