Hospital Marketing Manager (HMM)
Hospital Marketing Manager (HMM) helps trusts to plan and develop their services through understanding their referral patterns and devising local marketing strategies.
Some key HMM facts:
- 65 per cent of all trusts (foundation and acute) use HMM.
- There are 1,467 registered HMM users across the NHS.
- An average of 35,000 queries are run each month in HMM.
HMM can help to:
- Identify and analyse business opportunities and financial risks
- Analyse referral patterns
- Identify areas of gain or loss in market share
- Inform strategic marketing decisions
- Understand competitive pressures
- Segment markets and relate service provision to population need
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing activities
- Analyse activity by HRG.
HMM can be used to:
- Highlight gaps in current provision or activity versus potential activity and how this relates to revenue
- Decide where and how to influence referrals and configure secondary healthcare provision for the future
- Monitor progress through the use of historical data, which is updated with new monthly data to conduct trend analyses
- Identify patterns in GP practice referrals and understand the share of this activity relative to all other acute trusts in England
- Estimate patients’ health needs, derived from linking hospital admissions with local, population-based, sociodemographic data
- View and map information in an easily accessible format on the basis of HRG diagnosis and procedure, by geography, from SHA level right down to practice level.